Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Un-Windy


 Un-windy

The weather in the Spirit has felt Blustery of late.
This new year’s waking eye is both blurry and sandy from too much slumber and storm.
Wet and rainy strains on disjointed relationships.
Baroreceptors of Heart responding to atmospheric push - pull as well as contract - relax.
Cloudy swirls grey wisps of foggy thought. 
Electrical storm grounding the Reflex Arch. 
Expanding and recoiling this extended stretch of un-winding this body weathering.   - cathryn



I used to watch the weather channel a lot as a kid as I loved ocean storms.  
I know now as an adult, that some of my love of those storms was due to a Hyper- sensitivity to the atmospheric charges.  
(and NO, i do not need a helmet made from aluminum foil)     
Basically, my central nervous system is seemingly more acutely aware when certain types of ions are copious and that apparently happens when there is a Thunder Storm.  

My question, is “what did my body crave” to be out in one?  The Sense/Feeling i am aware of while it’s happening is “anticipatory joy” that makes me a bit jumpy and my thoughts begin to move quickly.    My Thought on it, is that the increase in (-) ions during the storm trigger an adrenaline effect (aka epinephrine); which is the precursor to a “fight or flight” response.  Things become clearer and i am no longer feeling brain sluggish.  My brain feels “re-booted” if you will pardon the computer analogy. 

There have been more than enough “sleepless nights” over the past few years, but when it is combined with 2 days of TEXAS SIZED THUNDERSTORMS and some coinciding facts of life stressors;  I’m wide awake.  

However, this time in some of this Spiritual/physical/mental/emotional electrical storm, i just sat back and observed it.  I also realized that it was a “Thin place” in the Spirit, where things were easily prayed out and hope felt more tangible despite its ambiguousness.  

I had always thought of the proverbial “thin places’ as a peaceful setting, where there is just a hint of wind and perhaps some birds chirping in the background for good measure.  This Time i was actually watching the Storm become a Thin Place to encounter God and how it can be furiously beautiful and a bit scary at the same time.
My heart cave can be quite the stormy space; but the risk of encountering God in that Storm is so worth it.  When i lean into the storm, i lean into Him and in Him there is rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment