Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Selah Value


i really do miss my dog Selah...   

Perhaps it’s because Maria Magdalena and Baby Patterson left the building.
(they were the resident dog theologians for the past 10 months and i would highly recommend their class on “Loving the Master.”    - that would be an instructional course taught by Mary)

Kinda sad not having wagging tales (or John’s regaling tails) and demanded “pets” about... 

Though i won’t miss the extra hoOvering!

My crazy arsed friends are my best teachers.  I’ve been told recently that my friends are “bigger than life”.... oh my, now all of them are rolling their eyes and a few are smirking.

Yes, you guys... YOU ARE.  (including the person that made that saliently observant note!)


I guess the parts that warm m’cockles ... is that those that “know who you are”... actually understand the part of my heart that misses that furried and occasionally winged creature!  

Might have to dedicate a blog post to “spiritual mutts” ...  

ahhhh aren’t we all for that matter

I guess i was pondering “faithfulness” and how the first thing that popped into my mind was my dog Selah.   Which of course lead to the next question... why did i think of her first.  ??? 

She was alert, attentive, deliberate, insistent, unconditionally loving, playful, nurturing, long suffering, forgiving, responsive, attending and radically obstinate in her character.

Yeah, those are the qualities in my friends that i intentionally count on.

I think it was just God’s way of reminding me of the things i actually value.

Selah to Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment