Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

God with Skin On Thin Space


The poet Sharlande Sledge shares
“Thin places,” the Celts call this space,
Both seen and unseen,
Where the door between the world
And the next is cracked open for a moment
And the light is not all on the other side.
God shaped space. Holy.”

I awoke with the thought/sense, “make my heart a thin space in the Spirit for others”.  
Not the most desiring of thoughts for me at the moment, as over the last several years, i’ve felt pretty frail in some process of heart.

But mostly when i feel Holy Spirit drop those nudges into my being, it’s usually and invitation to something deeper in God, than some divine test.

The thought that Mary had hidden in the deep well of her heart; many things of personal and prophetic revelation, smacks up against my forehead knowledge of what are boundaries in the Spirit.

God created the boundaries of the Earth according to Genesis, so i’m figuring that God can undo those boundaries anytime God wants to.  The incarnation is taking place again and again; through Him IN us and IN Him through us.

My most graphic visual of what i would consider a  “God with skin on thin space” in the Heart of Spirit, was when the spear pierced Jesus’s side and blood and water flowed.

I could just stay in that space and ponder the symbology for at least a year....   The Wounded Side of Christ being a Thin Place on Earth for the veil to part and life giving saline and blood pouring into the foundations of the world.


But how to pull down that Mystery of the Gospel that Christ Lives within  us.. so our dwelling place in our hearts, in some ways, ought to be at least a kind invitation for others to know Him better.
I guess for me, and that’s really all i can speak from and perhaps to... 

There are so many shadows and closed doors that i’m discovering that i’ve not given Him permission to enter.    

This Rosh HaShana / New Year  (i don’t consider mine in Jan)-  Ha Shem really pressed on my heart about ways to surrender more of what i’ve clung to as past comforts, such as where my apathy has shadowed His love for another.- and if i ponder that thought too long without His persistent Love covering me, i’d get pulled under by a long list of people that i’ve not loved well.

I think He’s working on maturing spaces in my heart, that are now able to look at things without them completely taking me over in condemnation.  Which with any good prophetic word Ha Shem drops in my spirit, comes the invitation to adversity that is often a solidifying factor in securing His Truth. 

Don’t ask me why that seems to work that way, i’m not quite sure on my hermeneutics, something about adversity that causes us to look a little closer at what makes us draw from the deeper wells. Perhaps it’s in digging of those deeper well, the more pure, life giving, refreshingly colder water flows freely.

I’m thinking that the true blessing of incarnation, based on the Cross of Christ, is where our hearts are transformed and the old altar call adage to “invite Jesus into our hearts”; is to invite the heart beating frequency of heaven to permeate the atmosphere of our very lives.

Transformation seems to always come with permission for the fuller incarnation. 

The permission giving prayer of Psalms 139: 23,24-
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
         Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
         And lead me in the everlasting way.


Only then will hearts be a safe enough “God with skin on thin space”  for others enter.

Lord have Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment