Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Purging Questions.




Yesterday was the first day in a very long while, that when i stepped out the door and felt a 60 degree morning hit my face, i cried.  Texas has been more than brutal this summer, the skin-part-of-my-heart feels like the dried grass.
The wild fires are burning, just miles to the East of Austin, and i can smell the smoke.
 
I’d say that’s more than fitting on more levels than i can count presently.

I’m looking at my life differently at the moment and finding it too cluttered; considering i’m a “all or none” person on matters, that means a garage sale of large proportion.
 
That also means looking at everything around me and asking:

Do i want this?
Do i actually need this?
Does it hold a emotional component that it’s important to save?
How visceral is my reaction and gage my response.
What is it’s worth?
How do i take measures to get the most value?
Time is money, so how much time am i investing, to get the best return.
What is important to me?

I guess i’ve got a lot of questions right now.  Rightfully so i gather.

Just looking at first steps, with just enough light to make very small steps at a time.

Praying for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment