Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Friday, September 23, 2011

CharisMystic ?




     I’m a CharisMystic not a charismatic.  Well, technically, i’m a “PoMo” : Postmodern  CharisMystic. 

Since growing up in the North East, there were not many times i was asked ... “where do you go to church?”.  
Considering how long i’ve been “down south”, it’s only in retrospect, that i find that rather odd.

It seems knowing your identity is really Key to  Sanity these days.   Well, it’s Key period on so many matters, but specifically it feels like there is an urgency about it.
I’ve never been a “name it claim it” sort of believer.  However i know His Word “does not come back / return void”; so there is a point to staking claim to those promises.  
If there is a thief that is caught, and holding something of mine, I’ll say “Give it back, that’s mine”.   The enemy of my soul/spirit is a  thief and a liar, i will treat it accordingly.
I guess you could say i’m a “REALIST” on matters both practical and spiritual.
I believe in what’s Real.
I’ve worked in Health Care for over 20 years now and just writing that is sorta scary, but....
I know serious physical injuries are REAL, I know Serious Emotional/Mental injuries are REAL. (i Know the “causes” ARE REAL)
    I know you can have multiple levels of injuries simultaneously - and yet cope.
I know that gravity holds me to this spinning orb that we so involuntarily trust in.
I also know another Gravity of sorts.
The “Kabod”- the weightiness of God.
I really love that word/Word because it’s grounding; when my soul feels more like fragmented particles of self, wafting like dust in sunlight.
I’ve seen more of God do astounding REAL things than books could contain.  (i think there’s a verse about that very point eh?)
I know that Prayer holds Weight in the Spirit as well.   How that works, i don’t know, but then again, knowing how this spinning orb works is beyond me too.
Faith is what you have when everything else goes to shit; but faith is all you need  in moments when hope is failing.   Faith and Hope are sorta bedfellows.  You can’t have one without the other, though they switch roles, as needed according to strength. 
  Perhaps Paul had that stuff right .....
 Hebrews 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Cheeky bugger if you ask me on that one.... yeah, he got it... but ............there’s a place where your spirit knows it’s true, but the rational mind is more saying WTF.
In the next few months i’m going to try and unpack (shit, did i just use that phrase-really)-    Anyway, i’m going to try and unravel  the “hermeneutics”..... which makes this “PoMo-CharisMystic think that Loving Fiercely is worth it........ 
i might be going from “pillar to post” on matters- yes, i’ve been in the south long enough to use that phrase.   But could someone please tell me where “Yonder” is on a google map?  

No comments:

Post a Comment