Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

O Come O Come Emmanuel - Trace Bundy and Josh Garrels

This is my favorite christmas song .... it's such a lament to the calling forth of God being "with us" - which is what Emanuel means.......
(got turned on the Josh Garrels music about 3 years ago... and, well, - just love the skill, humility and purity of it)
So we are stepping into December. -
Just before thanksgiving 6 years ago, my dad tried to commit suicide. ( God spared his life... thank you Jesus)- however for me ...... this window of time...... is filled with a lot "lacking". I know it's supposed to be filled with all sorts of "christmas cheer" and all that. Society puts a lot of weight on it. It's hard when you don't have "family" per say.... that weight feels overwhelming and i fight pretty hard not to go into a space of avoiding.
I still like singing christmas carols though.... i think it's the only thing that brings me some comfort.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful song. "O Holy Night" is my personal favorite. I understand what you are saying... Christmas time doesn't feel the same to me as it once did... things have changed for sure. I'm sorry about your Dad, and I hope he is doing better now.

    ReplyDelete