Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

School DAZE



Wow... i just finished my last project for School...  which was a business plan for my up and coming private practice as a Massage Therapist/Bodyworker.   It’s been on the back burner of procrastination stirring with the spoon of dread.  

My brain so doesn’t work like that... i’ve never had a business mind.  I’m good at the vision parts of things and brain storming creative aspect, but the nuts and bolts of cost assessment, comparative analysis ... yada yada gave me more agida than any tums could squelch. 

It’s been a year of school while also working; and to be quite honest a helluvahalotta study, projects and exams!  

My brain is knackered, but i still have states boards with which to contend. (that and finishing up internship.. only 20 more massages to go!) 

I think the most frustrating part for me was the lack of personal time to do the things i love, like writing, hanging with friends, going to hear live music, chill time to do absolutely NOTHING and so forth.   On some levels instead of feeling like i was burning the candle the proverbial “both ends”, it’s felt more like i’ve been a menorah.  I know just living has more than one plate in which to spin, but i’ll give anyone kudos when they tell me that they are working AND going to school.  
I wasn’t even working full time, but it sure as hell felt like it.  
This is not so much of a kvetch as it is looking back over this last year and being thankful for God’s grace in the process and feeling a sigh of relief that it’s almost concluded. 
  
Now i’m looking at what’s next.  I’ve kinda stopped asking the why parts of having to go back to school to do what i’ve been doing for 15+ years.  I’ve made a lot of cool connections and met some amazing people along this part of my journey.  

For now, i’d like to get some projects done that are a bit more playful and creative as well as having a yard sale.  I’m in the mood to go through everything i have and ask the questions.....  is this of value, do i have need of it, what could it be worth and what could i do with the proceeds that has more value?  (besides for wanting to buy a Iphone)  That one is frustrating cuz i hate AT&T- the rates just seem too high ... and again, at present, i’m asking what is really needed when there is so much need around me.  So cleaning up clutter in the natural does set things in motion to clearing the clutter in the Spirit too. 

I’m looking forward to some free time... (just as soon as i’m done with boards and internshit ;-) ummm and perhaps a IPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment