Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Andrew Jones tells story at Slot 2009

I love Andrew....   Dude this is Classic!  For those of you who don't know... Becky Garrison's new book is coming out..... (in August)   "Jesus Died for this?"  -

I've gotten to read it already  (thanks Beck! ;-)  Cool journey..... and thought provoking.  So i love how she's put out these lil mini vids on peoples thought on this question.

What made me laugh on this one ... (Besides Andrew's Mug- it's not AS pasty, since he's been traveling and now has a pretty good tan going)    is i've said something similar and just a dumb in my early years as a "Teen Evangelist"-  (translated, young, bold and stupid- but i knew everything right?)

I was talking to a friend who had just gotten "saved", thru reading a "chick tract" (i am NOW dating myself here)- and he was a smoker.... and rather than doing the rejoice thing and dancing with the angels.... I asked him-
"Well how are you going to shine the Light of Jesus through a smoke screen?"

Obviously, i understood Eph. 2: 8-9 .................. NOT!  I certainly did not get the memo that the "Mercy seat sits above the Judgement seat."

I'm grateful that God has a whole lot more Grace for me, than i've had for others...
Reminds me of a Kevin Prosch quote:  "the same grace you extend, may just be the same Grace that you may need."  

Over the last few years, i think my focus has been on getting back to just loving people......... and wanting to do that well.  (if you ask some of my friends, i prolly don't have that down yet either)  - but on the Journey.

oh, and ps..... all these years later, and i'm a smoker.    When i've been at some local churches and go out for a ciggy break, it's amazing how many people ask me if i'm a christian.  I usually answer..... "somedays i am and somedays i'm trying."

P.S.S-  Please do go check out Becky's new book, it's worth the read.  I think that she's got some really valid questions -------  AND we need some more female voices asking those questions!

P.S.S.S-   and i'm still waiting for my Signed copy Becky!  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment