Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Freight Train in Austin.... Bruce Springsteen.



so last night was a wonder......... I just enjoyed it to the fullest........ Great seats, cool people next to us, chilled and intense all in the mix. BRUCE IS A FREIGHT TRAIN.......... no other words. Once he starts, there is no getting off that ride. He even did a magnificent version of YOUNGSTOWN.... usually play acoustic.... it was stunning.
Considering the economy- that song is a tribute to a lil town in OHIO... that went thru hell and back- "my sweet Jenny i'm sink'in down" is the name of the Blast Furnace at Youngstown Steelworks. To me ... even though the rest was amazing, the version of that...... is etched in my mind, or steel burned into my fibers.
When i'm 60, i still want to be able to rock that hard!
cathyrn

No comments:

Post a Comment