Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Amy Grant - Our Father's Eyes

This was the first songs i ever performed in a little church when i was about 12.....
Sad part... was my mom showed up... heard the first verse... and walked out the door. Took everything in me to finish it with out bursting into tears... that rejection went deep. But the reason i sang it... was because even at that young age... it was a prayer of my heart. I could see the pain... feel it... ect....
But i knew in my being.... even then, that my hearts prayer was that when they heard me sing... or met my eyes.... HIS Kids would see HIS EYES in my Heart and Spirit.....
It was the first time i Ever sang in Church..... nothing like prophetic at 12.
Thought i'd share it.
shalom
cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment