Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Prayer wall-



Seems we can't get off the prayer wall even when we want to! I guess we do have a choice- but if that choice is based in wisdom and love.... there is really only ONE answer. A partnership with the Divine! There is a place where we co-labor in His sufferings for His children; where we gain His heart on the matter and how intensely that feels.
He is not immune to our heartaches... infact... He embraces them- as His own. I'm understanding David's heart cry more and more-
Psalm 119:54 (The Message)

49-56 Remember what you said to me, your servant—
I hang on to these words for dear life!
These words hold me up in bad times;
yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
The insolent ridicule me without mercy,
but I don't budge from your revelation.
I watch for your ancient landmark words,
and know I'm on the right track.
But when I see the wicked ignore your directions,
I'm beside myself with anger.
I set your instructions to music
and sing them as I walk this pilgrim way.
I meditate on your name all night, God,
treasuring your revelation, O God.
Still, I walk through a rain of derision
because I live by your Word and counsel.


Psalm 119:25
I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse! Get me on my feet again.
You promised, remember? When I told my story, you responded; train me
well in your deep wisdom. Help me understand these things inside and
out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders. My sad life's dilapidated, a
falling-down barn; build me up again by your Word. Barricade the road
that goes Nowhere; grace me with your clear revelation. I choose the
true road to Somewhere, I post your road signs at every curve and
corner. I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; God, don't let me
down! I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me
how.

I love his honesty and determination- that no matter what.... cling to truth and revelation.
Guess that's where i'm at right now....

3 comments:

  1. That is the bueaty of the Psalms, honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine... I would LOVE to email you... have some good schtuff to share. I don't know how to get your email though... when you feel like it can you send me yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Midsummer 2007, when you consulted Psalm 119.

    Cold, rainy spring, when I'm contemplating the same passage, for a different reason: Dr. Ruth's book, Musically Speaking, begins with two statements, the one about the laws being sung and the other one about how she cannot sing.

    She learned she couldn't sing at age 10, when she was sent away from her parents' being disappeared and killed, and was excluded from the choir at a Swiss orphanage. What a travesty.

    Central human right: the courage to claim your own musical self-expression, your own voice. European high culture, and North American pop culture have stolen this from most people, and it's my mission to give it back. How, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete