Blogging is a Moving Meditation.

BLOGGING as a MOVING MEDITATION: Liminality's thin passage untangles as it weaves, fits in the ineffable nooks and crannies of my heart's prayer wall, like the cracks in pavement, mile markers on the road, windblown whimsical napkin poems written in eyeliner.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

To My Brother Anthony!

 
Posted by Picasa


I'm posting this ... in honor of one of the most Faithful people in my life... and that is my Brother Anthony. He served in the Gulf War both Desert Shield & Desert Storm.... He holds the title of Marine in both the Spirit and the natural. He is one of the most treasured gifts that i have recieved from Abba. He has stood with me on endless posts... gone to the "wall" for me time and time again.... He is one that I know always takes my back ... as well as taken point during some of the hardest times of my life. My love for you Bro is beyond words... it is as deep & as stubborn as YOU ARE! You know i will Always go to the "Wall" for and yours dear one. So it is with tears and a sacred place of honor that i post what you sent to me this day. Semper Fi, Lovingly, Cathryn


A Soldier's Prayer

God our Father,
Help me to remain true to my ideals
during my service to my country.
Help me be what is in America,
the land of the free.
May I realize that I represent
what our country stands for.
My uniform is a symbol of duty and valor
both in peace and in war.
I take up arms to defend what all Americans hold dear:
life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Grant me the strength to live according to these ideals,
the courage of my convictions, and the resolve to endure whatever dangers threaten.
With you at our side I fear no evil
and resist every enemy,
secure in the knowledge
that you hold me in the palm of your hand.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. My heart rejoices that you've posted a blog that honors our Anthony, and those who bear arms for our Country. Every Marine is always a Marine - there's no retirement - it's lifelong. Anthony will always bear arms in the Spirit, will always defend our nation, will always have a military bearing - and his insignia of rank is visible on his countenance and in the spirit realm. May God bless you, Cat, for publishing this, and you, Anthony, for being who you are!!! Love ya, Sarah

    ReplyDelete